When sky of night begins to fade to sky of waking sun
The words of many thoughts arise to bring to me the ones
To decorate a tranquil ease relieving restless wonders
While a long day's journey weighs heavy on my shoulders
I think of waters softly warming away the aches of living
Fragrant soaps welcoming my tired muscles and giving
My senses over to a pleasure where calm returns within
Greeting me as it's own timeless wanted friend
I think of cotton softened towels to dry my dampened skin
Sheets and blankets to turn down and slip between them
I reach for pillows next to me to bring myself a comfort
To snuggle close to shelter me as I release from earth
All the moments of a day that passed by while awake
Stretching me to the limits that all my me could take
Delicate breezes soothe my breathing my mind ventures through
All the faces, places, things I love and want to do
A deeper longing stirs within me of wanting someone there
Who without a word to say could understand and share
Not so much about my stresses but more about repose
Knowing that sometimes a longing is a need to quite woes
Carried on a weary mind through days and weeks and years
Seeking a place to find release from all their worlds of care
If only for a moment's stillness to take me in it's arms
Allowing mind, body, soul a resting place from harms
Freeing senses from demands to be stronger or become
Something for everything that needs me to be strong
I listen for a voice to bathe my thoughts with gentleness
Whispering a healing balm into a restfulness
I close my eyes to imagine what she might look like
Then drift away to slumber land between the day and night
Jade Jaspers (c) 2018
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
To Bathe My Thoughts With Gentleness
Labels:
Jade Jaspers,
Poet
Not every writer writes for fame and fortune. As a matter of fact that class of people is a reserved group of people none of the rest of the world's simple word users will ever be able to liken ourselves to. Then again, that was never the idea when most people first began writing. It was something we were taught, something we learned, something we were instructed to use through out our lives to sort out ideas and follow a pattern of thinking that would lead us to communicating with our own thoughts in a healthier way.