Monday, August 6, 2018

While In the Doings Of


I like to do things the way I would do if
I was doing them for someone of upmost importance
When cooking, or cleaning, or dressing, or writing,
I want to do all I do well without chiding
Or grumbling and grumping about this or that
I prefer to keep my demeanor above all the yap
In order to focus on the tasks set before me
So all that I offer another can be received
As an artistry to honor their splendid presence
With no need to follow any false hood or pretense
Of my reasons or character or showmanship
Meant to define my vision of them
I want to do things well the first time as possible
To keep my own standards and achievements credible
Not to be showy or brazen and bold
But to fulfill the ambition from within my own soul
To present the pentacle of all that I've learned
Over a lifetime of growing in worth
For those I have been entrusted with inside a span
Of choring, performing or being there for as planned
There is no other value other than the pleasing
Of my own sense of doing those things with reason
To show my regards to those who have taught
And offered advice to provide me and instruct
My life in a way complimentary to benefit
My confidence in learning the ways that well fit
All of the things in a day to be done
With no need to be supervised or hassled for some
Ideal exposure for grandeur or pride
My will to do well is living inside
A trove of decency conveyed to me long ago
From others who rose up every day to show
How to go about life and accomplish in each way
Their vision of well done, their faith to live well
Not for a trophy or attention or tale
They presented themselves as the most valuable thing
That could persuade another in the ways of living
Each day they were given no matter the course
Without any admirations or choiring voices
To honor their accomplishment or falsely praise
Them for their accomplishments which went without say
The satisfaction they gained was theirs if decided
They had done all they could do with the strength inside
Them with the tasks they set forth every day to do
Fulfilling their obligations to theirselves and others too
In order to claim their own sense of assurance
That what they did in the now was worth continuance 
By others who were called upon to do the same things
Without any help or any ceremonious rewarding
The pleasure to do well was given life to live
Without punishment or mind to deceive
Rather to ease burdens and make better efficient
Time that they have while living in a present
Day when there is no one around to see
All that can be done with precision and appropriacy
I like to do things the way I would do if
I was doing them for someone of upmost importance
When cooking, or cleaning, or dressing, or writing,
I do them to please the person inside me
The most important person to me in the world
Cause if I reach my own expectations it is assured
That I've given my all to others that day
The way I would want done for me in those ways


Jade Jaspers (c)