Sunday, August 5, 2018

Rather and However the Where To's and What For's


Have you ever had one of those days when
You'd rather do something rather than pretend
That life is a floral bouquet of flowers
Which compels us all to fill our waking hours
With music and pictures from internet themes
While neglecting our own vision of things
That add more meaning to our daily lives
Than prearranged moments set to confide
A disposition of timings for others to use
As their arsenals of clamoring, clattering ruse
Have you ever wanted to defy all of that
Simply to have a few moments to bridge the gap
The rush and the hurry of modern living
Where more is seen as if we were dreaming
About some visit from what societies' proclaim
Which spans all of our lives as if it were sane
I'm not always sure what to think about when
I'm looking for something more me than them
I like to believe there's freedom included
With ideas that I found were worth my viewing


However,


I'm so often wrong when it comes to those things
I'm reminded every day of what I want to change
About my self, my life, my mind
My writing included, does it always have to rhyme?
Geesh, ain't that a tiresome old worldly theme
Yet that's the way writing is most natural to me 
I try not to compare my own writings to others
For their styles and their statements are stating their druthers
Of where to's and what for's and what they think when
They take to their laptops, or paper with pen
Their writings so decorous, so loquacious, well wrote
While my own is simply given to  the way I am spoke
To simpleness and structure, to find words in time
Place them in rows in order to design
The ideas of practicing my vocabulary
So as I grow older I improve daily memory
For as we are taught we remember better when
We associate with words the impressions from within
Musical notes that our brains process better
Than tid-bits and snippets all smashed together
In short static phrases or pictures that randomly
Present them selves only momentarily
Then disappear like vapors released in the air
Scattered and dissipated because we don't really care
For luxurious phrases or opportunity to remind
Our thoughts to recall from infinite times
Which were built so assuredly layer upon layer
To improve how we think when we reach a time later
In life over years where changes take place
So rapidly that we can't keep up with a pace
Of over-sped lyrics, or visions in view
Are we sure that these things being sold to us are to
Improve our lives gradually; or created to impute
The haste of us all  in various ways
And limit how much our minds can retain
I question my ethics and sensibilities
Am I doing as well to be the better me
I want to say yes, then take my own time
To make sure that my thinking isn't passing me by
For life can be rushed and want us to believe
There's really no reason for any such reprieve
Then I consider my own ways and realize
I don't always know exactly from where my thoughts rise
In moments of quiet, of moments in motion
Was the thought I was thinking only a notion
Of something I saw or something I heard
Was it a complete idea or a casually spoken word
For somethings are birthed only when prodded
From other memories which I had long since forgotten
In any real detail other than when I recall
A period of time where I gathered information from all
The sights, sounds, and occurrences from where to began 
With a dearly beloved member of our families or friends
Then we reminisce over all that we can remember
As a song sung around an event such as a dinner
When more than a few of our acquaintances were there
Their voices and food dishes wafting the air
Where all of our senses worked together to connect
Those moments together in mutual respects
A term said by others that can only be earned
When many freely offer that hoping it's return
Will be greeted and accepted as it was intended
A kindness afforded to them shared by the living
Together creating reason for happiness and goodness
And basic human acceptance of our trueness
Used to define the equality of existence
Without any judgements or feigned pretense
To sway our remembering to something later on
That will bring down the life we lived for so long
When all we should remember and strive to do
Is to our lives and our memories always be true
For our time living life is many a thing
That can be loved or shunned in future happenings
When we're aging and learning that time don't sit still
For any living being alive and never will
It travels forward each day with the sun's light
That wakes in the mornings and resting at night
Growing in seasons with memories to spare
Never to live again when we're not there 


And so it goes,
 

The heavens only know what's occurred over the years
By the earth dwellers who have long since disappeared
With their cultures, their processes of living and passing away
Without ever leaving a record to trace
The events of the world that they actually knew then
Lost forever to the ways that immediately began
After their losses were tallied and removed
From the times they perceived as their journeys through
Life and dominion living in space
As our planet does now holding its place
In the vastness of the universe surrounded by stars
Where civilizations are interpreted by computing czars
Who appear and diminish over time spans
Of existence and being as woman and man
Will other generations of our species ever know
What came before them as mankind took control
Over the subsequent elements that lay beyond
The thresh holds of what time was once it had gone
It's more than my mind can possibly comprehend
It's a cycle of thinking that implodes within
A personal manifestation in this present time
That proposes more thinking than adds value to life
Still I consider my ways over those
To remind me again the life that I chose
Was drawn up like water to moisten the soil
Of a later to bloom circumstance mixed in the toil
While thinking and considering my thoughts for today
Would keep my hands busy and my life in a way
Which could be considered extensive or daftly appraised
As completing a written sentence and well thought out phrase

Jade Jaspers(c)