Friday, August 3, 2018

Something Today


I was looking for something good today
Something to start a writing to say
A little different than I have before
But what could that be, and what for
I thought of the evening, tomorrow and then
I thought of you my all weather friend
I remembered your smile, your voice, you laughter
Then thought much more of you there after
While I was going on my merry way
Through out a normal regular day
I didn't look for the best, I looked for the better
That keeps us both jovial and most of all together
In memories that gather from time to time
To present themselves casually as they're designed
To inspire a hope of having again
The unabridged happiness that is found in a friend
Who visits daily in some type of way
And always has something encouraging to say
Without all the moping, and drudgery
That tries to defy the world as we see
An idea that could possibly exists somewhere
In this day and age because somebody dared
To see a future where people like we
Would need more than a telephone or tv
To take us away on a journey in time
In search of a treasure that we could find
Sharing with another a day like today
When there was nothing much to say
Except the usual day to day things

And oh what joy those days bring
Even though we don't talk as much
As others do about such and such
We cling to the doings and happenings
That we experienced ourselves while pattering
Around the ideas that were on display
In sceneries and smells throughout the day
While we lingered in the other's company
Knowing that today was the day to be
Ours forever in some special way
And memories to comfort us on the days
When life has brought us nothing more
Than memorable moments from our lives before


Jade Jaspers (c)