I'm not a drunken depressed bard, poet or sage
Who's famous for drug addiction and romanticized rage
I'm not a believer in entertaining hatred
In any of my writings on any bodies stage
I'm boring and wordy and rhyming and smart
Who thinks about life as if it is an art
To be balanced and created for better not worse
Of humanities talents and gifts on this earth
Who has transversed generations with thinking through
The ideas of studied reasons and life's virtues
To be considered daily as a form of social growth
A way that brings people together where they're broke
Away from the learning that teaches us all
To be still and consider our ways when drawn
Into situations where others have thrown
Our lives in a pit of disgusting affairs
While they play the glamorous heroes putting on airs
Of civility and a smile cheesed from their lies
I'm not into schmoozing, or lying, or screwing
Other people over so I can be a shoe in
The door of their lives to condemn and molest
The better of others for feigned ideas of the best
I don't really gossip, I guess I'm just boring
Which is better to me than sitting around sorting
Some fake opinion of someone else's life
When going about my daily plight
To find an idea, a hypothesis, or theme
To light up the darkness to which it would seem
Is craved by the others who can't seem to pen
Anything decent for others around them
They write from what they know
Or so they say, well I do too, that's just the way
That I have grown in writing my words
On pages where others can read and discern
My characteristics, my thoughts or beliefs
Which I think on daily in order to keep
My self preserved in order and deed
Learning to grow in the truths I perceive
As valuable and timely for the here and now
To which I can forge my words when and how
I want to write something that makes sense to me
And think about later on days when maybe
I haven't any new thing to consider to rhyme
Or a vision differential of space or time
I'm not very political, or religious but then
I've learned that those things don't always defend
Anyone's values except their own
Clowns, and analyst, speakers and clones
Sports are fixed has been since I was a kid
Music sometimes is not worth listening
People are different, my self included
I'm easily bored when I think I'm being mooded
Into some idea or thinking that requires
Anger or some less way that I've desired
Of living or thinking or approaching situations
That demand an opinion without application
In factual doings or goading another
To forsake their better judgement for some other
Way of saying, way of doing, I ain't no genius
But don't that seem more than conspicuous
Breeding some competition that really don't exist
To crank up some emotional outburst and hiss
About situations long past and forgotten
Sand blown away the footprints where trodden
Feet had past thru years before
When all of the now is in need of restore
By those who made promises, gave us their word
Then turned on a dime and closed the door
Who's famous for drug addiction and romanticized rage
I'm not a believer in entertaining hatred
In any of my writings on any bodies stage
I'm boring and wordy and rhyming and smart
Who thinks about life as if it is an art
To be balanced and created for better not worse
Of humanities talents and gifts on this earth
Who has transversed generations with thinking through
The ideas of studied reasons and life's virtues
To be considered daily as a form of social growth
A way that brings people together where they're broke
Away from the learning that teaches us all
To be still and consider our ways when drawn
Into situations where others have thrown
Our lives in a pit of disgusting affairs
While they play the glamorous heroes putting on airs
Of civility and a smile cheesed from their lies
I'm not into schmoozing, or lying, or screwing
Other people over so I can be a shoe in
The door of their lives to condemn and molest
The better of others for feigned ideas of the best
I don't really gossip, I guess I'm just boring
Which is better to me than sitting around sorting
Some fake opinion of someone else's life
When going about my daily plight
To find an idea, a hypothesis, or theme
To light up the darkness to which it would seem
Is craved by the others who can't seem to pen
Anything decent for others around them
They write from what they know
Or so they say, well I do too, that's just the way
That I have grown in writing my words
On pages where others can read and discern
My characteristics, my thoughts or beliefs
Which I think on daily in order to keep
My self preserved in order and deed
Learning to grow in the truths I perceive
As valuable and timely for the here and now
To which I can forge my words when and how
I want to write something that makes sense to me
And think about later on days when maybe
I haven't any new thing to consider to rhyme
Or a vision differential of space or time
I'm not very political, or religious but then
I've learned that those things don't always defend
Anyone's values except their own
Clowns, and analyst, speakers and clones
Sports are fixed has been since I was a kid
Music sometimes is not worth listening
People are different, my self included
I'm easily bored when I think I'm being mooded
Into some idea or thinking that requires
Anger or some less way that I've desired
Of living or thinking or approaching situations
That demand an opinion without application
In factual doings or goading another
To forsake their better judgement for some other
Way of saying, way of doing, I ain't no genius
But don't that seem more than conspicuous
Breeding some competition that really don't exist
To crank up some emotional outburst and hiss
About situations long past and forgotten
Sand blown away the footprints where trodden
Feet had past thru years before
When all of the now is in need of restore
By those who made promises, gave us their word
Then turned on a dime and closed the door
Jade Jaspers (c)