Saturday, July 28, 2018
The Next Thought Begins
Do I want to write today or should I let it go
I ask myself that question a dozen times or so
I'm not sure what to write about
but then again who cares
I can jot some words down here
and toss them online there
Something rhymed something prose
scratch all that I just don't know
what I have to write to say
I go through this almost every day
The words are there inside my head
Wanting more than something said
Just to find a way to be
If it wasn't for my doubting me
Other writers, so eloquent
Poets too their time all spent
Sure to forms their idea wrote
While I piddle like a bloke
On the keys to try to say
Something worth while on this day
Something important that could have meaning
But that doesn't seem to be what's scheming
I'm feeling indifferent to common sense
And have no pretext or pretense
To scatter down in patterned schemes
To declare that we should aspire, dream
For this or that, for them or others
And how I'd rather have my druthers
To quietly sit and look and think
Without the "had to" bring to ink
Some silly lyrics that came to me
While I wondered aimlessly
Around my life all day today
With nothing truly important to say
Sure, I've read other poets who
Wrote about all life's issues
Their wanderlust, their passion prose
The social injustice, the god's they know
But I'm not them, they're kind of depressing
And maybe that's the idea I'm stressing
I think on a level of light-full cheers
To keep away the dreadful tears
That no one wipes away but me
Cause no one sees things as I see
Of wayward ideas, and awkward thoughts
And I'd rather do this than all for naught
Because I've learned this way to be -
Denounce the negative for positivity -
So my life would grow to be
More like my thoughts than what I see
Sure everybody knows the classics
And I too've read the poem and prose lists
But I can't relate with their versions of
I grew up in my own mind thinking such
That if we all copy from those ideas
We surely would live the lives they lived
A hundred years or more ago
And I'm a modern thinking soul
Who sees the world at a precipice
Of moving into a future more like this
Where better tomorrows can be prepared
Able to cure the qualms, and cares
Of everyday folks who living this day
Can find something better to do, to say,
About their conditions, their neighbors and friends
After all that's where life for people begins
Among our ideas shared as a whole
Who can see things improving instead of the old
Ways of deceiving, ways to cast down
Another's whose life wasn't nearly profound
I imagine improving, I try to stay free
Away from those things that I don't believe
Although I know I can't hide from life
That's not the reason for which I write
I know that living is change and grow
And yes it should be, I think so
But when we level the field of playing
More than enough to stop, just saying
We'll find that there are more than a few
Who find life could be better viewed
As some new beginning every day
Something to look forward to when they
Wake and see a balanced truth exists
More than an angered political list
More than a casual romance and kiss
More than some depressions bitterness
Then we all live better; maybe I'm dreaming
After all it's more productive than cussing and screaming
About all the things I know nothing about
Think of a moment long enough to find doubt
Then toss it behind me, not to think it again
Oh what to write now, the next thought begins
Jade Jaspers (c)
Labels:
Jade Jaspers,
Poet
Not every writer writes for fame and fortune. As a matter of fact that class of people is a reserved group of people none of the rest of the world's simple word users will ever be able to liken ourselves to. Then again, that was never the idea when most people first began writing. It was something we were taught, something we learned, something we were instructed to use through out our lives to sort out ideas and follow a pattern of thinking that would lead us to communicating with our own thoughts in a healthier way.