Thursday, July 26, 2018
Live Today and Call it Good
It was the kind of day where,
I didn't have every thing I wanted
then again we seldom do
But I had every thing I needed
to live today and call it good
The kind of day where no living matter
interrupted my ideas or routine
The kind of day that held included
good conversation, traveling with a friend
Every day people in quaint locations
dinner at my favorite restaurant
Enjoying my favored dinner dish
and the impeccable ambience
Shopping, smiles, laughs and sharing
A sunset full of colors, a waxing moon
Music, writing, and of course
My fondly treasured thoughts of you
Included always every day
No matter where I am or doing
Or how the circumstance persuade
Thoughts of you are always blooming
Creating a garden of pleasantness
To tend to daily as I choose
With kind and tender gentleness
Our relationship to keep renewed
Never think not for one moment
I don't care about your days
Never think I forgot you love
I carry your smile with me always
Inside my thoughts, inside my mind
To help me when I feel life's weight
And send to you a loving prayer
To find you, guide you, on your way
Safely on your daily journeys
Where my eyes can't see you go
And bring you once again to tell me
All the goodness you found unfold
Maybe on such a day as this,
When we don't have every thing we want
then again we seldom do
But we have every thing we need
to live the day and call it good
Jade Jaspers (c)
Labels:
Jade Jaspers,
Poet
Not every writer writes for fame and fortune. As a matter of fact that class of people is a reserved group of people none of the rest of the world's simple word users will ever be able to liken ourselves to. Then again, that was never the idea when most people first began writing. It was something we were taught, something we learned, something we were instructed to use through out our lives to sort out ideas and follow a pattern of thinking that would lead us to communicating with our own thoughts in a healthier way.