Thursday, December 13, 2018

Opening the Windows in My Mind

Have you ever had one of those moments when
An idea goes through your thinking mind then
You think to yourself where did that come from
I've never thought like that since my life begun
The thought itself is mangled, abusive, assertive
Leaving the rest of my mind well alerted
To some intrusion of an ill wanted intent
Usurping my life with some dissing malcontent
That doesn't pertain to me in any way
Nor to my thinking that I live with each day
It's like opening a closet full of someone else's clothes
Where they came from, how they got there, I don't know
I only know that they're there and they don't fit
The sizes are all wrong they make me want to vomit
They're torn and tattered, unwashed and decayed
Reminding me that they're not mine in any way
So I refocus on my present, breathe deep and pray
To find things I treasure to believe every day
Clothing my thought self and ideas in such arrays
That destroys the door to those things which invade
Then take a step back from the doors in this mind
Return to my original beliefs that's designed
To usher in goodness's of laughter and smiles
Reminding myself to stay in what loves pure light
My inner mind to think better, myself to think clearer
With a view as my mindful self looking in a mirror
When what can be seen is only things behind
How I move forward from there is designed
As garments to clothe my thinking in ways
That is a reflection of what I want to portray
Well fitted clean clothes, bountiful textures
Kept from moths damages to colors that weather  
As an entire person who can turn away darkness
To be a help to others when facing those monsters
Who show up to trick us all first in our minds
To drag us down from the heights our thoughts climb
Seeing all living from a much broader view
Than the pathetic sick closet that smells of sewage
To keep myself here in the now where I'm at
Silencing the stragglers from some thing else's madness
Opening the windows in every room in my mind
To shine light on all of the right thoughts to find
Like food for the soul that nourishes and heals
Rescuing and satisfying my self that can feel

Love when it is love, calm where it is calm
Welcome where I am welcomed, safe from harm 

Jade Jaspers