An innocent young love that's longing to share
Moments of life to grow in past the jeers
Of society's expectations, conditions, and drears
I keep it as comfortable as I possibly can
Feeding it with hope and trust from my hands
Watering it's thirsts with living liquid ideas
To keep it alive nourishing all of its plans
Needed for cultivating genuine self reliance
Knowing it's value will be required in existence
Clothing with garments of soft gentle strengths
Believing it's worth all the care I dispense
With words of kindness and thoughtful understanding
Building it's confidence while inside I'm mending
All of the tears and hardships of other's pretending
Reminding it always that love's worth defending
Giving, receiving, forgiving, forgetting,
Believing, strengthening, calming, unrelenting
In order for a trusting longing love to believe in
I cheer it when it's smile is fading away
I gave it all the light I have to keep a brighter day
Available when doubt tries to paint life in grays
The realness of knowing how love can convey
More than productions of commercialized scams
Built on marketing relationship scams
Removing the barriers that would only condemn
This love that I shelter from the virtual realms
Holding it safely in my confident arms
Reminding it daily I will never cause it harm
Offering it goodness, fairness, free from alarm
To swaddle it entirely in hope's loving charms
Sometimes I feel like I'm harboring a fugitive from fear
An innocent love needing love's freedom to share
Jade Jaspers