Wednesday, November 14, 2018

For Goodness Sake Lest We Forget

There're many people today who have forgot all the reasons
We have such times as thankful holiday seasons
They seem more concerned with the daily opinions
Of lessening the need to remember those decisions
That gave us a day or weeks to celebrate
Displays of colors and tables full of plates
People, and music, meals with desserts
To join together with friendships and mirth
Recalling that life has been gracious in ways
For all who remember the goodness to weigh
Against all the things they consider bad
Still knowing in ways there's better to be had
If they put aside differences welcome in friends
Forget all the pasts which today could amend
Bringing new tomorrows to each and every one
Who would forgive their own history to belong
To an opened mind likeness bettering their life
Without all the old hassles and planning of strife's
Some call these day commercial, traditions to be broken
But I consider them a beginning of thankfulness unspoken
For sometimes words fail to deliver real intentness
In appreciating life among all the shrewdness
That seems always heckling each and every thing
To which I am grateful in ways without saying
Day in and day out because in my time
We're subjected to silence in living confines
Where people around seem more interested in
Over aggression in order to ascend
Their own objectives, their own voice
Where gratitude is forgotten by their own choice
Uninterested in appreciation or amazements that's offered
Only opened to heckling's and cultural scoffers
My humanity is overwhelmed my personality quieted
Because everything that I'm not is displayed to slighten
Any real goodness offered by others to enjoy
Can be used to breed insecurities becoming a ploy
To abide in our mind where I do sometimes hide
So I can enjoy the reality I would let reside
As thankfulness, calming, tranquilities
Gentleness, goodness, friendship that frees
Each to their own happiness, appreciated for
Their talents, their gifts, their pleasures to explore
Without eliminating my choices for theirs
Where every revelation is equally fair
To my attention to accept or dismiss
Considering the virtues of life as I live
To embrace new beginnings I've longed wished to see
Where my life is a reflection of the goodness I've received
From those who could actually bestow the beliefs
That living and growing through life should retrieve
Bountiful goodness each and every day
To remember, appreciate and carry along life's way
The unending satisfactions found in pursuing
Living with gratefulness, thankfulness, trueness
Remembering always the reasons for the seasons
Were to establish a time for thoughtful togetherness
Counting our blessings, remembering the more
Forgiveness we can give and our goodness implore
Removing over aggressive destructive behaviors
Replenishing our commitments to give others honor
As living breathing beings birthed to this earth
Appreciating, upholding all human life's worth

Jade Jaspers (c) 2018