So I have the ability to write a few words
Place them in patterns and call them a verse
I'm nothing special many can write
But I consider it a gift in which to delight
My every day thinking, my random day dreams
All playing around in my thoughtful themes
Which come to me often in various places
Without direct meaning or people or faces
I don't always know where my words will end
All that I know is they want to begin
To drive out the boring every day routines
That society has built around their own schemes
My mind accepts this type of behavior as good
Knowing that others shun it as some thing they would
Rather not do, "that's boring, reading, writing"
About a some nerdy person who takes delighting
In possibilities to create such a thing
It's easily dismissed, over looked, and worth hiding
But I think it brings more in a day
Than anything television, or radio could say
Because by admittance my mind finds release
To enjoy a few moments where it is eased
From all of the stresses and problems with out
Around the world where I'm not about
In a way it's a wish that I silently keep
To one day live and unexpectedly see
A calendar, a quote book, a wall décor art
With similar words that some one imparted
As a value to be purchased then hung in a house
Where people would see it and think about
A happier thought, a wisdom well shared
A moment of calm, a home full of care
Note it to memory for one day to remember
An old picture hanging above a table at dinner
Yes, I know, that's not so poetic
It's more like a joke or some odd aesthetic
But if you knew me and the way that I think
You might understand why I write such things
It's not that I'm snooty, or brazen and bold
It's more like I notice things I was once told
Like how a kind word can ease my own cares
Or how a remembered smile can remove a fear
How a moment spent to calm my mind
Was better spent that way than to idly chime
About something I have no control of
While learning that life is to be honored above
The weary, worn labels of hurry and hush
Taking time to consider the better of such
Can last longer in the days when the havoc
Seems to be louder than our planetary tick
Where all of creation on this green earth
Lives out a scenario of growing it's worth
In all sorts of patterns in all types of ways
Some never revealed others multiply on display
It's a part of who I am, as simple as that
It brightens my day where something else might have
Wanted to drag me down from my thinking
Wanting to erase my part in existing
As a human being who was alive and breathing
Looking for ways to appreciate the day's giving
It's difficult for myself to live ungrateful
It's even harder for me to not be thankful
So maybe that's what my poetry really is
A thank you for being alive and my gift
So I have the ability to write a few words
Place them in patterns and call them a verse
I'm nothing special so many can write
But I consider it a gift in my life to delight
Jade Jaspers (c)2018
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
A Gift In My Life
Labels:
Jade Jaspers,
Poet
Not every writer writes for fame and fortune. As a matter of fact that class of people is a reserved group of people none of the rest of the world's simple word users will ever be able to liken ourselves to. Then again, that was never the idea when most people first began writing. It was something we were taught, something we learned, something we were instructed to use through out our lives to sort out ideas and follow a pattern of thinking that would lead us to communicating with our own thoughts in a healthier way.