Thursday, October 18, 2018

Longings of an Understanding

I'm often wakened by the words of thoughtfulness in simple verse
Which rise to greet a pleasant feel of mindful willingness kept concealed
Between my thinking and my want to delight in pleasures I've sought
To approach a new refrain to bring forth without restraints
The blissful moments intertwined between my hands and seeking mind
Always mindful of the places among the delicate, intricate spaces
Often altered by consignment because I lack the true refinement
Of experience and education in the realms of provocation
To evoke a clearer view of how I see myself through you
Our moments shared are rare you see, creating treasures verbally
That others may find no use in but bring to me a consummate friend
Where ideas like gentle breezes sweep my mind with words that pleases
Satisfying, easing cares to lift me higher than what over bares
The pace of living daily life where routine chores and outward strife's
Try to take the upper hand to dismember and disband
All the goodness I receive by finding calm and tranquilities
In the softness of a leading that I follow as one receiving
Healing balms as pure aloes, detoxing mind, body, soul
Giving rest to all the hypes that dampen spirits just to spite
Endless choices to proclaim how creations touch can retain
A solace inside where I'm stilled, waiting on the words to wield
As a testament of truth becoming more than just a fluke
Delivering me into a faith that in this life time in this place
Gentleness is found in charms where resting love safeguards from harm
The tenderness of gathering a thought to express in patterning's
As I give into your heeding's knowing in them and their leading
I will open up a side that from the world I hold inside
The part of me that looks opposed to the caresses of repose
Spent in moments of quietude leveling emotions disruptive moods
Knowing no one is ever free from their want or their need
Of another who like them finds that ever craving whim
To partake of the times more deep-seated, lucid, divine
Where from fountains flowing waters both can drink to be altered
Transported from mortal planes to intimacies where both sates
The longings of their understandings assured from maltreated flailing's
That what they share is by design meant to deliver and define
Freedoms found between the two who lend their selves to a truth
Through tenderness' soothing feel brought to life validating what's real
Defying logics declared misleading's; opening, reaching, teaching, giving
All who would to learn the way to discovering better days
From surreal placements past where nothing ever lived to last
A living life, a breathing soul; who could accept, love, and grow
Time spent in the other's presence without falsifying pretense
Only to combine and express the union of their togetherness
Where in the moments they become into the place of a poem
Living elements meant to provide the devotions felt inside
As the lifting of a word over comes the scheduled world
To bring light to place defines where in stillness stood a time
Of enjoyment, of release, of a treasure from the decrees
Round about to divide the realness of what lives inside


Jade Jaspers (c) 2018