Sunday, August 26, 2018

How To Properly Waste Time

My thoughts roam many ideas seeking one that would give
Me a start to take to rhyme something written by design
About the moon, about the sea, about the space between you me
Something mortal, something religious, something growing something delicious
There's so many thoughts to write on a time that I find
Emptied of such and such filled with many thoughts as much
Like the sands on distant shores like the stars stretching forth
Like a puppy's nose and whine like a hand that intertwines
Fingers wrapped to hold and lead through the meadows flowery weeds
A friend who calls to say hello I have missed you more than you know
Little birds blue and yellow butterflies that float on bellows
Of the winds that softly pass over blades of greener grass
So many thoughts yes its true but which to write my favorites you
The way you talk the way you smile the perfectness of you beguiles
My thoughts to which I wish to think away like moments in a blink
And sends my mind to other places in the secret hidden places
Where our house is filled with laughter bleating forth before and after
We have gathered to become something brighter cheering on
The likeness of ourselves as we grown from other parts to be
You as you and me as me hoping time would set free
Us from all the things that bind us and restrict to confine us
In two separate portals of something less than what we love
A lazy breezy afternoon where talk is soft and moods are too
Spending moments easing fears assuring each the others here
To give way and keep kindled all the good life has spindled
On our spools for both of us learning life and truthfulness
How I wish we were there now you and me that where some how
I could be more myself and not set up on a shelf
Wasting time and gathering dust while my thoughts of you grow rust
And you could say that, "I want you, I chose this always to be true"
But it's just another day where I search for ways to say
Something other than I thought thinking should or should I not
Unwrap my heart and let it sing of all the difference that you bring
When I take the time to free my want of you to be with me



Jade Jaspers (c)