Friday, July 20, 2018

Don't Play Their Fool


Girl it's you,
That I be about all these days
In every season's crazy haze
It's true,
I think about you all the time
I keep your face front in my mind
No lie,
I don't think they understand
I don't care about their plans,
For you
I see their face, I hear their words
I see straight through them and their verves,
Ha ha ha
All the laughter ringing out
In the moments when I doubt
Your real reasons for myself, 
Because,
I remember yester-years
Holding you to wipe your tears
Calming you through all your fears because,
You are mine and I am yours
Forget those flighty men and boys
Still playing in their little games
You know, you know they're all the same
Of oh me
I need some body, just a friend
Someone on whom I can depend
Right up to the very end
When they turn on you again
And you see
All those words I said was true
Wasn't just a phrase to fool
You from better - girl be cool - it's you
I be about every day
Through every seasons crazy days
In all my thoughts, in all my ways
It's true
Now boy,
Listen closely as I speak
These words aren't spoken by a weak
Motor mouthing, half dressed freak
They're coming from a place of strength
Ya hear,
Them telling you you're this or that
They care for you, imagine that
When,
You're all alone and reaching out
Needing someone to be there
Wishing for a face who cared
Right now,
You're mind is racing with the faces
And the people in the places
Where you spent your days and nights
Spending all you had in life with them,
Damn
Where'd they go so fast you think
Was it a pill or a stout drink
That made them all recoil and shrink
Away from you in those moments
When you needed a friend to call on
Sha- scam
Don't they see you don't deceive them
Can't they see you really needed
Something more than their cheap teasing
You're real, you're fair, you're trying to be
Real to all those that you know
Holding nothing back for show
Giving them the best of you
Living life, looking through -
they're wants
Boy
Do not think not for a minute
I don't know the life you're living
That I'm the same of all of those
Who leave you behind when they go
Nuh uh
These words aren't spoken by the weak
Motor mouthing, beat of streets
They're spoken by the one who chose
You above the rest of those
Believe it
I love you more than anything
This ain't no lie, or child rhyme game
It's something that I'll always claim
Boy
Girl
These words aren't spoken by the weak
Fair weathered friend, or tongue in cheek
They're spoken from a place of strength
To remind you where we both have been
Together
You're always someone that I'll claim
I won't forsake you for the game
Or someone else who says I should
Believe me I think I rather would
Forget the names of everything
That ain't about the best for you
In every place, from every view
Color, shape, light, dark and hue
You're my man,
You're my lady,
Let them all think that I'm crazy
If they want to be that way
They don't deserve you anyway
It's true
Forget about all that deception
I don't accept all their perceptions
I'm about the here and now
And never will have time to bow
Away from right to skip to easy
I've been done that way
y
ou best believe me
When I tell you I'm for real
Their judgements hate, condemn and steal
The best of you the best of me
Let all that go and learn to be free
Never let them take away
The life I show you every day 
I live it, talk it, walk it real
I always have and always will
I won't forsake you for the game
You are my strength in everything
These words aren't spoken by the weak
The truth proclaims and so I speak
To you this way because you're you
Now just be cool - don't play their fool


Jade Jaspers (c)